Let’s face it. Cleaning your carpeting is both time-consuming and tedious. It’s not just a matter of aesthetics, either; it’s about the bacteria, germs and various viruses that can lurk beneath the surface of the carpet fibers. Potentially harmful bacteria and germs can prove hazardous to your family and pets.
So, what to do? You may wish to consider hiring a professional carpet cleaning company to rid your household of unsightly dirt and harmful substances. We recommend the following steps when considering a carpet cleaning firm.
1. Ask for referrals. Question your neighbors, family, and friends regarding their recommendations. You may find that certain companies come to the forefront and this will allow you to request credentials and additional references as needed.
2. Request a deep cleaning versus a basic cleaning. A basic cleaning only uses water and an extraction process. It is not a thorough cleaning and will not rid your carpet of harmful substances. Conversely, a deep cleaning guarantees your carpet is thoroughly washed and cleaned.
3. Check out the company’s credentials and licensing. Reputable companies are fully accredited by various organizations. Ask for their “Cleaning and Restoration” credentials; or ask if they are members of the Carpet and Rug Institute or National Cleaning Institute. Certifications are also available through the Institute of Inspection.
4. Get a Written Guarantee. A company that does not offer a written guarantee is unlikely to accept accountability for its results. Ideally, the company will guarantee 100% satisfaction or your money back. Don’t settle for less.
5. Ask Questions. If this is the first time you’ve had your carpets professionally cleaned, don’t hesitate to ask questions if there is anything you do not fully understand. Asking questions serves to facilitate the process and ensure a lack of miscommunication or misunderstanding regarding the company’s services.
6. Request a deodorizer. Deodorizing the carpet following a cleaning process aids in eliminating odors and delivers a pleasant fragrance throughout your home.
If you are unable to locate a carpet cleaning company through the referral process, an online search is likely to yield results. However, be sure to follow steps 2 – 6 to ensure a high-quality, satisfactory experience.