Carpeting is still one of the most popular choices among homeowners, but there are still some persistent myths floating around, some of which you may still believe yourself. These misconceptions might very well be keeping you from making this choice about something you really do want.
So let’s get to the truth once and for all about carpet installation, Marietta. We list the myths and then state why they are so untrue:
1. It will exacerbate my allergies or asthma. It may actually help your respiratory challenges, because air-borne pollutants won’t be flying around. Dirt and particles get trapped into the fibers where they are held until they are cleaned. This brings us to…
2. Professional cleaning isn’t necessary. Remember those air-borne particles? They need to be professionally steam cleaned, because vacuuming alone won’t get deep into the fibers. The pros also know how to treat specific stains, the right amount of soap to use, how to rinse properly and, most important, how to dry them thoroughly and fast. This brings us to….
3. It creates mold and mildew. It doesn’t create them, but mold can grow very fast, and it does a lot of damage to both home and health. One of the biggest rookie mistakes when people use those DIY rental cleaning machines, is that they air-dry carpet. There’s excess water (another amateur mistake), which makes even the padding damp. Mold can grow in as little as 12 hours. The pros have high powered machines to dry.
4. It’s outdated. Nothing could be further from the truth when it comes to any carpet installation. These days, there are so many colors, patterns and textures; it can work in any environment, from contemporary to classic. Even the shags (remember the old green and gold from the 70s?) have a new, expanded color palette. There are always new trends, and there’s even something for the environmentally-conscious, such as recyclables and technology with fewer chemicals and VOCs (volatile organic compounds) for better air quality. So remember that when you think of your carpet installation, Roswell.
5. Mine is still new so I don’t need cleaning. First, you drag in dirt, moisture, insect fragments, and who knows what else on your shoes. Second, not cleaning may invalidate your warranty, since many manufacturers have very specific requirements about cleaning.
Come into the Select Floors showroom in either Marietta or Roswell, GA, and let us show you how to make your home look great.